Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Xtend 07.. best week of my life!

I got back on saturday night at mid-night from what has to be one of the best weeks of my life !!

I learnt so much about God at this camp called Xtend (its a baptist youth camp held once a year, in tauranga!)

Things i learnt:

- Even though I thought that I'd stopped believing lies about myself, I still do, and I need to renounce those, and replace them with the truth that God wants to speak into my life.

- It is sooo important that you are a real, honest + open person, so that people don't get the wrong idea about who you are. It's sad, but true, that we act differently around different people, we shouldn't be afraid to let people see who we really are!

- Nothing that we ever do is worthy of Jesus. When we feel unworthy of God's love, its because we are! But only through JESUS! He makes us worthy, so when God looks at us, he sees something pure and blameless.

- The Bible is the living, active word of God, which needs to be meditated, chewed, eaten, consumed.

- If you think you can't hear God's voice are you listening?! Because you can't recognise a voice that you never hear. So spending time with God (in prayer + in listening) regularly is hugely important in order to actually be able to hear God's guidance for your life.

So yeah, that's pretty much what I learnt! And probably some other stuff too.

But it was so awesome spending time worshipping God with others, and seeing people support each other when their friends were suffering, rejoicing with one another, responding to God and actively seeking God

INCREDIBLE!

If you ever get the chance to go, I highly recommend it!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey its me Steph. I have a blog too if you wanna stop by... http://www.xanga.com/xxxchi_cchickxxx

I miss extend. Mostly just the environment and the people there. A little slice of heaven in New Zealand- except for the thin matresses and the long lunch lines.

Did you go to the "Healing the Broken Heart" seminar too? I'm just asking cause you mentioned about believing lies about yourself.

Anonymous said...

Wow what seminars and workshops did you go to?

(By the way, its still me, Steph)

Random Rambler said...

seminars - i went to 'handling change - leaving school' on the first day, coz i was talking at it.
courage under fire
who are you when no-one is looking
Mirror mirror on the wall.

workshops - worship, arts and crafts, big issues